Be Represented By Les 2 Raisins
Looking for An Agent in Canada ?
What markets does Les 2 Raisins service?
Les 2 Raisins imports wines for Quebec and Ontario, the two largest provinces in Canada.
In these two markets, the alcohol industry is governed by state-run monopolies, i.e. the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) et the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO). Our portfolio presently includes wines from Italy, France and the USA. We sell directly to restaurants and individuals, or to the SAQ/LCBO which manage the retail sale outlets.
What type of winery does Les 2 Raisins seek to represent?
We are interested in representing wineries which do not already have an agent in Quebec or Ontario and which suit our identity, namely:
- We represent human-scale wineries which produce quality wines. We seek partners with whom we can develop a personalized, trusting business relationship.
- We represent wineries whose practices are sustainable and respect the environment.
- We represent products that we like and that we would buy ourselves.
- We must of course also consider business imperatives such as:
- The product must address a need in our market, either with restaurants or with the SAQ/LCBO’s retail market.
- The SAQ/LCBO favour wines which have received positive reviews by Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, James Suckling, Decanter, Wine Advocate and the likes. For restaurants this criteria is not as important, but if you have received such reviews it is relevant information for us.
How does a collaboration with Les 2 Raisins work?
Here is how we work with potential winery partners:
- Wineries send us their price list for export.
- We analyze the list to determine if the wines could be competitively-priced in our market.
- If we see a potential, we request samples from the winery, which we taste with a small panel.
- If the product aligns well with our clients’ needs and our identity, and if the ingredients for a mutually-beneficial partnership are there, we place an order.
- We also place a lot of importance on eventually meeting with the people behind the wines to learn more about how they work and to validate if there is good chemistry between us.
- Regardless of if the wines are sold through the SAQ/LCBO or directly to restaurants/individuals by Les 2 Raisins, the SAQ/LCBO always purchases the wines and arranges pick up of the order at the winery.
- The SAQ/LCBO also determine the sales price. The sales price is based on the purchase price established by the producer, including our commission (we will discuss our commission when we establish the purchase price).
- On order, the SAQ/LCBO will pay wineries the purchase price including our commission. We then charge the winery for our commission.
- Since the SAQ/LCBO purchase the wine, wineries are always guaranteed payment within 30 days after reception of the order
Shipping samples to Les 2 Raisins
- Please only send us samples if we have requested them.
- You must use Fedex to ship the sample please, as we have an arrangement with them to manage the customs-related documentation.
Shipping address for samples via Fedex :
Les 2 Raisins
C/O Luc Lalonde
2, rue de La Comptine